Thursday, November 13, 2014

On the Move

Evan has been army crawling for months now. While I was pregnant most of his crawling was done in his room on his play mat. I was nervous to let him crawl around on the hardwood as I didn't want him to fall over and bump his head. It was obvious he was getting the hang of it and if he actually did fall over he knew to keep his head up to prevent it from whacking the floor. So I let my guard down and let him have free roam of the living room/kitchen area.

Though I never thought it would take 4 years for him to do this, I always wondered how crawling, aquaphor and dog hair would pan out. And yes, just as I presumed, a sticky mess! Luckily Evan's new found motor ability has kept me cleaning the floors constantly. I vacuum, swiffer, mop, then swiffer again to make sure he doesn't collect too much dog hair/dirt on his skin. No matter how much I clean the floors he still ends up finding the spots I missed, so he tends to go right into the bath after a good hour of crawling around. Then ironically enough the floors are sticky with aquaphor when he is done leaving me to cleanup yet again. But hey- totally worth it!

He is able to get onto 4 point (hands and knees) with no problem but has NO balance and tends to face plant when in this position. He will only go on four point when I ask him to as he remembers the result of his balance issue. He will use 4 point to get into a sitting position from laying down. Yet another huge motor milestone. While this transition is also a bit unstable, he has been achieving it more and more with less falls and little spotting.

His favorite thing to do these days while crawling, is investigating the piano room. Yet another floor to clean for him but more area to explore and move around on. It's a new world having him move on his own, something his brother will be doing very soon too! Here is some footage of Evan on the move!



(If you were curious to what Evan says at the end of the video, he said "I want Daniel Tiger". His new favorite show)

Photobucket 

1 comment:

  1. Amazing!!!
    Léo has been spending more time on his tummy lately and he looks like the bottom side of a broom afterwards, because of his Aquafor, so I know exactly what you're saying hahaha :)
    Best,

    Adeline from Montréal

    ReplyDelete