Monday, March 18, 2013

Ichthyosis Awareness Month: Countdown

Ichthyosis Awareness Month (IAM) is just around the corner. It is a month to raise awareness for Ichthyosis and especially for the FIRST Foundation. This foundation needs and deserves the support as they are our connection to research for a cure (not to mention all of the other amazing things they do for others affected and their families). As many of you know, last year I hosted the "It Makes Cents to Help FIRST" coin collection fundraiser. I plan on doing the same this year and everyone is welcome to participate. There are many activities, fundraisers and events going on during the month of May which others are hosting as well. The METS game is planned at the end of May; with some of the ticket proceeds to benefit FIRST. Stay tuned to hear about all of the events going on, all of which will be supporting the FIRST Foundation.

My T-Shirt Sale has been going great. I have been trying to stay organized and apologize if it is taking some time to get shirts out to everyone. I just got another order of shirts in and will be sending shirts out soon. This also means there are a few SHIRTS AVAILABLE for purchase. All order requests are recommended to send an email to dede583@hotmail.com. Please tell me the size you are interested in and I will do my best to fulfill your request. I am happy to have been able to host this fundraiser for FIRST and to have t-shirts ready for IAM.

Some of the Tie-Dyed shirts I did for FIRST supporters!


To learn more about Ichthyosis go to www.firstskinfoundation.org. They have the up to date information regaurding the many types of Ichthyosis and have resources available for those in need. The month of May is dedicated to ichthyosis awareness. It is hard to not mention FIRST in doing that. Ichthyosis and FIRST go hand-in-hand and hopefully one day FIRST will become more well known to the public. With the help of FIRST advocates like myself and other mothers, fathers, family members and friends who have nothing but an enormous appreciation for this foundation, we get closer towards a cure.

THANK YOU ALL for reading, sharing and donating. Your help and support makes it possible for FIRST to "Inspire, Educate and Connect". I appreciate all the support for Evan and for the support to help FIRST find a cure.


Photobucket 

No comments:

Post a Comment